Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Who woulda thought?

So it seems I have recently learned that I like vegetables. Who would have thought? Now mind you I will always choose desserts over veggies in my mind but I am glad I am starting to open up to the possibility of other types of foods. In the past my idea of a vegetable was a handicapped person...just kidding....lets just say it was limited to potatoes and corn mostly but when I went to the grocery store tonight I found myself putting fresh green beans, broccoli, onion, squash, and bean sprouts in my cart. I hadn't ever seen that many green vegetables in my house EVER and the craziest thing of all is that I am super excited to make them for dinner on Wednesday night. When I got to the checkout of the grocery store I found myself scrutinizing other peoples purchases which wouldn't be the 1st time but normally my cart was half full of every sweet thing you could imagine just like the plump lady in front of me's cart was this evening. There was something strange about my cart Tonight....it looked strange.....it almost looked like....well like....a skinny persons! But how do you continue this initial excitement that makes you try new things and enjoy eating healthy? That is what I have to figure out. I have a 5 day weekend coming up and it is going to be VERY difficult. This past weekend might be the 1st time on a diet where I have eaten fairly well and at least maintained instead of gained during a normal weekend. One of the main things Rob and I have in common is a love of all foods bad for you. We bond over food. It makes us both happy. If you cover something in cheese and bacon...really no matter what it is, we want to try it. On top of that I am a sweetaholic so I have a double wammy. My goal this weekend is to maintain...I am not asking to even loose. If I can hold it in the road long enough to break even that will be a victory. Wednesday is official weigh in day so I can't wait to check in later with the weigh in results...I know they will be good...just not sure how good. Crossing my fingers now.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!!!!!! You know what makes you continue on...its when your clothes are falling off of you and your thinking man I feel and look so much better. Your a strong, beautiful woman and you can reach this goal!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete