Monday, July 5, 2010

Why Vacation means eating?

SOOO I have been on vacation since Thursday of last week so I haven't checked in as I should. Before I cover vacation let me mention the fact that I lost 7.2 lbs last week at Wednesdays official weigh in. That was a great # and I am thrilled. Now on to vacation....Rob and I spent Thursday at home. I was feeling great off my impressive weigh in. I did some picking up and organizing of stuff we didn't sell at our yard sale last weekend and did very well on my diet all day. We left for Lake George on Friday and it was like the dinner bell in my head went off. Friday and Saturday are sort of a food coma blur. I kinda went crazy. Sunday when we got home I was still in full eat mode and continued on. Here we are on Monday and I am having eaters remorse. So far I have not done great shall we say eating but if I can hold it in the road for the rest of the evening and week I am hoping to squeeze a 1 lb loss out of it. That won't be easy considering all I have eaten this week but I am definately going to try. Which leads me back to my original thought. Why does vacation mean a free for all on eating? Well I think it has to do with the #1 dieting secret routine and planning ahead. When you are on vacation neither of those things are 1st priority. If you don't have a plan by the time you get really hungry it is 1000 times more difficult to make the right decisions. So I am ready to get right back on it and see what I can pull out this week. Difficulty will start 1st thing tomorrow morning when a lady that works in my dept comes back after having taken 6 mo off for cancer treatment. We are having a huge breakfast for her. I am hoping to avoid all the homemade goodies and head straight for the fruit. Wish me luck.

1 comment: