Monday, June 28, 2010

The Mission

Ok, My name is Deana and I am 28 years old although I feel like 82. I have been overweight since I was 5 years old or at least that is what I have been told. Since as little as I can remember my mother has been trying to take the cookies out of my hands. "Get out and get some exercise", "You don't really need that", or "Wouldn't you rather have a salad instead of a cheeseburger" have been regularly uttered back handed suggestions in my house growing up. So you can see the problem isn't recent. I came by it honestly...everyone in my family is "big boned" you could say. That brings me to today married with no kids (a fact that constantly brings me to tears) with a nice life but still I feel empty inside. I have always felt like the fat girl in the room...even when I am in my own living room. I have a loving husband who has always been supportive. Unfortunately recently I have been dragging him down the bad food trail with me (voluntarily of course). I have been on every diet and healthy living plan you could ever try. I normally lose 20 to 30 lbs and then gain every bit of it back. SO my goal now is to gather readers who will help me keep at it. I started a Biggest Loser program at work this last week (for the 6th time) and every other season I have started strong and then fell back into old eating habits....can you see my patern of destruction? I always start off strong but never finish. Please join my blog and help me finish this time! SO last Wednesday was the start...official weight 297 lbs (almost couldn't get my fingers to type that #). I can't believe it has gotten this bad but in all honestly the highest I have ever known myself to be is 311. Yikes! My mission is to remove my fat girl mentality that I have had since I was 5 years old and enjoy the rest of my life. I will need encouragement and it isn't going to be all easy but I know I can do this.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice outlet for you to vent, wish i had the bawls to do so, LOL... this is def a good tool to remind you of who you are and where you wanna go...

    ReplyDelete