Thursday, May 19, 2011

If at first you don't succeed.....

So you know that old saying "If at 1st you don't succeed try, try again"? Well I take that phrase to the extreme. Some may say almost a full year between posts is a little long but between July of 2010 and May of 2011 I have officially started and stopped dieting 335 times. Every night on my way to bed I say "Ugh.....I hate myself, I have to eat right tomorrow" and I do great for about the 1st hour I am awake and then my brain switches back over to "pass the cheeseburgers and chocolate" mode. If I had my own country "I'm really going to do it starting Monday" would be the title of my national anthem.

I don't know how or where to find the motivation to make eating right a life change instead of an extreme sport in my life but I see millions of skinny people every day who say no to desserts, 2nd helpings, and pick a salad off the menu where there is REAL food listed. Speaking of that....I don't know how they do it. In my world I look at the salad and healthy food section of the menu about as many times as I change the oil in my car a year. Yet the words cheese, bacon, fried, frosting & chocolate seem to grab my attention almost immediately. I wonder just how many things I could make out of the items I love...My favorite being a bacon and cheese roll up covered in frosting and drizzled with chocolate..........don't judge.........you know you have your own food fantasies.

So here I am again dedicating myself to REALLY doing it this time. Unfortunately at the biggest I have ever been (318 lb when I started last week) but refusing to give up on myself. The fact that I am even trying means that I want it. SO pray for me, encourage me, and share all the tips you want because Lord knows I need them and your support. It is a long journey but my 1st goal is under 300 (again) and then I will take it 15 lbs at a time as to not get overwhelmed by the LARGE problem I have to tackle (myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment