Thursday, January 26, 2012

Feeling Like a Broken Record



Well....it has been a while......again. Last diet lasted about 3 to 4 weeks before I started picking up 2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts on the way home for the weekend at least once a month. Also visited Gigi's Cupcakes at least once a month....for anyone without knowlege of Gigi's Cupcakes count yourself lucky. So again on Monday I weighed in at 317.8....I don't know why 318 is my breaking point but it seems the first 15 comes off easily then I get tired (and hungry) and eat everything in sight. This time I have decided it has to be different. My husband is joining me as well which is forcing me to plan things out for not only myself but him as well. He is not a veggie eater and I am a very few veggie eater so it is a difficult task. I found a brand new website Emilybites.com and I love, love, love her recipes. They are lighter but also give you the sense that you are eating real food....In fact I have already made out my Superbowl menu using recipes from her site. I can't wait to try them. So far this week we have had delicious dinners. Meatloaf Muffins, baked oven fries, and Green Beans for Monday night. Tuesday we put a Turkey breast in the crockpot which we slow cooked all day and added some 80 Cal Betty Crocker Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans. Last night I went back to Emilybites.com and found French Dip Cupcakes which brilliantly uses wonton wrappers instead of bread...I liked the crunchiness of them. Looking at them once baked I thought....no way 2 of these are going to fill me up so I took a 3rd on my plate (I had the points...what the heck). 2 "cupcakes", some baked oven fries, and a salad later I was STUFFED. With meals like that who can resist? So I promise to post more frequently....and I hope I have more interesting stuff to say other than I am sorry I am a failure, I am still just as fat, and what I have eaten this week but right now just trying to get back in the swing of things. Check out the EmilyBites.com website. I promise you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment